Audio/music choices in a new S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GMikeW, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GMikeW

GMikeW New Member

I've had my new S a couple of months. I'm a little confused by the music choices. The tabs are radio, streaming, Tunein, and phone. Radio and phone are straightforward, but what is the difference and/or point in streaming and tunein? They seem to have the same kind of choices, genres, etc. Tunein offers a very limited set of podcasts. I found it on the web and signed up. Seems like I already have an account with Tesla? Is that the premium level? It would be nice to make changes on another device and have it reflected in the car. I thought we had Slacker. Is that no longer part of it? Any way to modify or add more useful stuff? Thanks, Mike

2. svystrcil

svystrcil New Member

One difference is that Tunein taps into actual radio stations from around the word. Kinda cool to listen to a radio station from Germany or Japan. With that you also get commercials as it is tapping into a internet-radio broadcast feed.

3. GMikeW

GMikeW New Member

Thanks! At the bottom of "streaming" it allows a Slacker log in, so that must be the provider. Apparently Tesla will give you your Slacker account log in if you write them and then you can up the bit rate to 320. Haven't heard back on that request, but I spent a bundle on the upgraded system and might as well get the most out of it. It's really nice, btw. Anybody compare the stock vs. upgrade sound system?

4. 1.21gw

1.21gw New Member

That's all true.

I haven't compared with the stock, but I can tell you the bass comes through well from the subwoofer if you disable surround sound. Once you balance it right for your music, it's pretty much crytal clear with great low, mids, and highs.

5. graham dughan

graham dughan New Member

I have recently got a Tesla S 90D - the best vehicle I've ever driven. There is, however, one small irritating point. I live in England and the on-board internet connection has a Netherland's IP address. This means that I am logging in to various web sites from a 'foreign' IP address and hence are not allowed to see certain content. I presume that this is, at the moment, a necessary link up but are there any plans to change this or is there any adjustments that can be made to access UK on-line content? Can anyone advise me.