Armrests

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TCTesla, May 27, 2017.

1. TCTesla

TCTesla New Member

I recently test drove a 6 seat Model X. I was disappointed that the center row seats didn't have flip down armrests like most minivan seats have. An arm rest would make the seat more comfortable for long trips, plus feel more secure during cornering. I could see an asleep kid falling over. I prefer the 6 seat configuration over the 7 because the 3rd row doesn't feel as claustrophobic.

Elon: please put flip down armrests on the middle row seats. Would like them in front row too, because arm rest is always in the right location no matter how far up or back the seat is.

2. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Evannex offers a rear console that you can add for rear cupholders/armwerest. It does take a seat space though.

3. TCTesla

TCTesla New Member

I think that only works with the middle seat in the 5 or 7 seat configuration. Tesla offers a console for the 6 seat configuration, but it is permanently factory mounted between the middle row seats. That ruins the leg room for the 3rd row and ability to carry long cargo, which is why I liked the 6 seat better than the 7. Flip down armrests attached to the seats meet all needs, but are not available.

4. TCTesla

TCTesla New Member

Sitting in the 3rd row is infinitely better in the 6 seat configuration.