Aggressive Tesla Model X off-roader imagined by graphic artist Mo Aoun

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Kyle, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Kyle

Kyle Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Graphic artist Mo Aoun created a stunning rendition of a fully loaded Tesla Model X-based utility vehicle that’s ready for playing in the mud.

Mo was inspired to create the beast after talking with a friend about ideas on how to get a job working on the Forza Horizon game with 10 Turn Studios. He had previously experimented with “Frankensteining” an Audi R8 into an off-road vehicle which gained widespread exposure on the front page of Behance.

The Tesla Mudder took Mo 7 hours to create followed by a 2 hour render. The 3/4 angle on the car looks absolutely true to life while the front angle is overflowing with attitude and is an aggressive juxtaposition of the smooth styling Tesla is known for. Mo hopes his creation will encourage Tesla to move into the off-road segment with a clean energy vehicle. It is not difficult to imagine his creation being the future of the Tesla Model Y or even a derivative of the Tesla Pickup truck that’s expected to be revealed in 2018.

Mo’s background consists of  14 years of experience as an automotive designer for off-road vehicles. He tells Teslarati that he isn’t yet a Tesla owner but aspires to be one in the future. Perhaps his latest creation will catch the eye of Tesla’s design executive Franz von Holzhausen and inspire him to bring Mo’s vision of a Tesla off-road vehicle to life?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Source: 869454059245359104[/MEDIA]]Twitter | Images published with permission

Article: Aggressive Tesla Model X off-roader imagined by graphic artist Mo Aoun

2. Taylor S Marks

Will the falcon wing doors actually open with all that crap on the roof? Seems like it would all get in the way.

3. Marcos Cunha

Marcos Cunha New Member

apparently the extra tire and the baggage support were placed in a away the doors could still open.
    I hope the model Y has a package with off-road performance and style, so i can use a clean energy everyday and still be able to go off-road when required.

4. k0an

k0an New Member

Where's the snorkel? JK

Seriously though, electric vehicles have a ton of potential for serious off-roading. Fording water is pretty much a non-issue. Maximum torque available from zero rpm. With the right software there could be various modes available like hill descent, etc...

5. jefkethley-com

jefkethley-com New Member

I have been thinking of doing exactly this. The biggest challenge is getting the suspension travel necessary in order to put some meaty tires on it like that. This rendering has inspired me. Have a new shop that has a perfect amount of space to undertake something like this in.

6. k0an

k0an New Member

Doing it with an X? What about the self-leveling suspension components and integration with the computer? Would you be able to modify that or would you have to rip it out?

7. jefkethley-com

jefkethley-com New Member

That is one of the largest challenges. All the smarts in the Tesla would most likely be working against us every step of the way.

We have built some really insteresting vehicles in the past. With enough Shiner Bock beer I am sure we can figure something out.

When I get to a desktop I will upload a pic of our other "little work truck".

• Like Like x 1