2015 Model S 70D fully loaded or Model S 85D almost loaded

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Coach-Mike1968, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Coach-Mike1968

Coach-Mike1968 New Member

Hi all...got a call from the CPO department and while I await my 2015 70D to arrive, I have been offered an 85D for $5000 more...Same year and same options except for Rear seats which I really do not covet.

Mileage similar and both in pristine condition. I really do not take long journeys but the new offer is in the dark grey metalic which I love while my CPO is white...should I pull the trigger on the difference for colour and slight increase in battery life?

Thanks!

2. Milan B

Milan B Member

i got a 85D. i got a buddy that has a 60. all things said, we both commute about 150 miles each way for work. the fact that i can go longer before needing to recharge, takes the pressure off. when i get to a charger on the way to work and it is full, i can just skip, go to work, and decide which charger i want to stop at on the way home. however, sometimes he gets stuck because he doesnt have the extra battery. my thought to you is go for the bigger battery every chance you get, no matter what you think you need. you cant change the battery at least for now.

3. Coach-Mike1968

Thanks...would you spend the difference?

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Considering I trust you’re talking Canadian $, I’d absolutely take the larger battery, Mike...

5. Coach-Mike1968

I hear you Michael...I have a couple of weeks to decide but I am leaning on the larger battery...I would be giving up Rear Seats and Cold weather package but may be worth doing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Milan B

Milan B Member

if you are in Canada, the cold weather package might be worth it. as for me, the two front heated seats are good enough. i live in California. YES, i would spend the extra on the larger battery. $5K isnt much in the grand scheme of things, if you consider keeping the car for the long term. consider how much that upgrade would have been when ordering the car new?

in the end, the best decision is just buying it. i will always own a tesla now. i am hooked. with the free supercharging, i will more than likely keep my 85D as long as possible even after buying another.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coach-Mike1968

Thanks Milan. I do enjoy a warm tushy in these cold winters but the larger battery is very appealing...I think I will let the Boss of the house decide as I will be getting a charger in the garage and the travel for me is not very extensive. I am so impatient to get this darn car that every time I fill up my hybrid, I get agitated when paying!

• Like Like x 1
  8. joeski1

joeski1 Member

Home Page:
    #8 joeski1, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    1 vote to toss both ideas and lease a new 100D the way you want it till you can buy it outright

the cold weather package is mostly included in the upgrades package

you can get whatever color you choose..

you get a faster stock home charger speed @ 47 amps if you have the HPWC..

and you can up it to 72 amps built in already w'o buying the 2nd inverter .if your residence is so equipped with an 90 amp sub panel ..

use a referral code to get the supercharging included with the new vehicle..

9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Joe, though I (truly!) love this idea, it never ceases to amaze me how you make it sound as money is not a consideration... ;)

10. joeski1

joeski1 Member

Home Page:
    Now Mike..

You know as well as anyone... when ya have to resort to chincing on a TESLA .. its a telltale dark clouds of the storm ahead... maybe what that person should be looking at is a lesser vehicle..

I guess a pre-owned IS lesser.. yes.. but darn those compromises... oh! the glory of having it your way... (anyone feel like a burger?)

No compromises right? Who said that?

I already admitted I can't afford mine right?

I should start a YouTube site and try to drive my site hits up to like a zillion.. put that crisp revenue towards a new P100D.. the 90D is sooooooo slow...

But that's a lotta leg work for a mellow retiree....(yawn)

Let me see if I can persuade the govt to buy it for me somehow..Ill put a call my local contacts..a clean air grant maybe?

Hehehe good weekend!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

As I said, I would loooove an S100D, yet can’t afford the divorce lawyer’s fee that would go along with it..!! :eek:

12. jzlondon

jzlondon New Member

Don't forget that the rear jumpseats reduce your cargo space substantially. I'd actually view the lack of rear seats as a bonus.

13. Coach-Mike1968

Thank you all...I am in the same spousal situation as Mr. Russo...any inference to a new 100D will require an attorney and the harsh reality of the renters market on Toronto!!

14. Milan B

Milan B Member

Without great risk, there can be no great reward. :)