2 questions...........

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RFP, Feb 8, 2018.

1. RFP

RFP Member

Hello, Although my posts don't generate many responses, let me try again.............

As we now believe that AWD is coming sooner than later (which may be upgrade revenue driven) why can't we have a price? As mentioned once before as S's and X's are AWD this is not breakthrough technology and having the price surely helps us make decisions. Is there a way to push on this?

Also, If black paint is "free", why can't metallic black be a $1K option? I believe that it is available on S's and X's.The file attached (from my screensaver) is from almost 2 years ago and appears to be metallic black. Can there be a consideration as when I saw the "paint chip" panels at the Boston Tesla store there was a large difference between the 2 blacks.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. aquadoggie

aquadoggie Member

Hi RFP. I feel like both of your questions are really questions for Tesla, not so much message board opinions.

3. RFP

RFP Member

Surely, you are correct aquadoggie but I was trying to get a consensus opinion and perhaps a note from our forum to Tesla would have more impact. I was very disappointed with the knowledge and abruptness at the Tesla store. I'm convinced that my son and I knew more about the 3 than the 2 "consultants" did. The temp in Boston that night was in single digits and the "feeling" in the store was not much warmer. Thanks for your comment. I may visit another Tesla store to ask questions. Ron

4. aquadoggie

aquadoggie Member

I 100% agree here. I have talked to reps at two Tesla stores AND my "personal Model 3 consultant" and I definitely knew as much, if not more than all of them. That is disconcerting. It took me 4 people to find out whether foregoing the Enhanced Autopilot option would still allow me to have the sensors that tell you how close to are to an object (garage wall, for example). They finally said yes, I will still have that feature. I'm still not convinced I've gotten a true answer. Guess I'll just find out when I take delivery.

5. RFP

RFP Member

Today I visited the Dedham, Ma Tesla distribution center/store. The Customer assistance gent was excellent. We chatted for a while and he confirmed that the "rejiggering" of delivery plans is strongly influenced by cash flow; thus as long range battery demands slow down AWD will step ahead of RWD Surely, this is a confirmation of what we have been suggesting.

Regarding my pet peeve re: black metallic paint (which is available on the "S" and "X") as an optional ($1K) paint choice he suggested an e-Mail to customer feedback. He indicated that in his store he hears this question 10 -15 times per week. If that number is seen elsewhere shouldn't' all of us who care (maybe via a forum poll) send our thoughts along to Tesla. Obviously, they have the paint !

The gent couldn't provide any insight as to the AWD price although he indicated that he, too, is aware of Elon's probably less than $5K comment. He also felt sort of confident that at some point the early reservation holders/supporters will be rewarded in some fashion.

This visit with a very knowledgeable man who was comfortable to speak with and a good listener who surely has heard all of the questions many times gave me a much better feeling than the sterile uninformative environment of the downtown Boston store. Ron

• Informative Informative x 1